www.ellenliveslifetothefull.com

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cleveland Marathon May 2011 - returning to competition!

So, sure I did a marathon during Ironman Arizona  (www.ellenliveslifetothefull.com) but I'd never run a marathon before that.  My time for the marathon during the Ironman was 4 hours and 57 minutes. So I was excited to return to Cleveland and race my first ever stand alone marathon on Sunday 15th May 2011.  The weather was great for runners but terrible (cold and rainy) for spectators, still that didn't stop me from realizing more of my dreams and goals.  I predicted on lcal TV that I would run the marathon in approximately 4 hours....and my official finish time was 4:00 !  (too bad there wasn't a prize for the best prediction).





Returning to Cleveland and running past the Cleveland Clinic where I had had my open heart surgery just 15 months earlier was simply fantastic,  the marathon course runs right by the Cleveland Clinic and as I past by and looked up at the Miller Family Pavillion Heart Center, my heart skipped beat and I had a tear in my eye as I remembered all that I had been through over the past 15 months.  Nothing is impossible, no dream is too far-fetched, it is possible to run after open heart surgery , heck it is possible to do a marathon after open heart surgery and comeback from being setback!   Live life to the fullest folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment