www.ellenliveslifetothefull.com

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Book Signings - Cleveland May 12th and 13th 2011

What fun the book signings are  - a great way for me to share my story and meet some incredible people.  This was especially true in Cleveland when I return in May to promote my book, do some media interviews (see separate post on this!) meet with my doctors and of course run a marathon (see separate post).


The Joseph Beth Book store at the Cleveland Clinic was kind enough to stock my book!  Yay! For a first time author it is a big deal, getting a retail bookstore to stock your book, so I was only too delighted to set up my table and chairs, sign books and share stories with fellow heart surgery patients, families, doctors and nurses.

What was amazing to me was how inspirational folk found my story, frankly I was humbled when one fellow heart surgery patient even shed a tear with me.  A truly sensational experience.  I met many patients and family members who were looking for inspiration from someone who had recovered from open heart surgery and go on to achieve something that on first thought seemed impossible.   An Ironman after open heart surgery?  surely not..."well if you can do that then I can  at least run after surgery". 

Some family members were afraid, several of them were playing the waiting game that my husband had played  - their loved ones were actually having open heart surgery at that time...they were not sure what to expect and just reading the first few chapters of my book gave them a very real perspective of what awaited them.  They were scared but knew that recovery was a sure thing even after open heart surgery.

My Surgeon and my Cardiologist came to sign my own copy of my book - thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving my life.  I will be eternally grateful to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment