www.ellenliveslifetothefull.com

Friday, August 12, 2011

Chicago Triathlon - Here I come

An Olympic Distance??!!!  Well, I haven't done one of those for a number of years but I am planning to give it a go at the end of the month.  The Chicago Triathlon is the largest Olympic Distance triathlon in the US (I think - don't quote me!).  The last Olympic distance I did was in 2006 at the ITU World Age Group Championships in Lausanne, Switzerland.  I had the honor of representing Bermuda (then my country of residence) in the 35-39 women's world age group race.  I had a broken foot at the time but didn't know until I had it diagnosed a few weeks later, but boy was it painful to run that 10k!  I even mentioned that in my Book - Living Life to the full

So - fast forward 5 years to now - and I'm doing another Olympic Distance!....so used to doing Half Ironmans and now Ironmans and marathons - I know I'll be in for a shock when I realize and fast and furious the race is and how going fast really hurts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment